The Knights of Rizal actively engages the community in which it operates and always keeps community members up to date, therefore we encourage you to join our community, as a Supporter of the Knights of Rizal – Firenze Chapter.
As for knighthoods, in general, knighthood in the Order is by invitation only. Expressions of interest may be made but induction as a knight requires the endorsement of two active knights of the chapter, screening and unanimous approval by the chapter’s Prefectural Tribunal, and finally, approval by the Supreme Council. If you are keen to contribute as a full Knight of Rizal, express your interest now!
While knighthood carries with it significant privileges, knights are expected to serve its community, pay annual dues, and support the Order’s projects throughout the year.
- Participate actively in all regular and special meetings of the chapter and the area and national assemblies;
Pay his regular membership dues and other financial obligations to the Order annually;
- Secure a copy of the Knights of Rizal manual and study the objectives, rituals of the Rizalisms, and the life and works of Dr. Jose Rizal;
- Join and support programs conducted by the Chapter;
- Strive to perform actions worthy of promotion to the next higher rank at least up to KCR;
- Identify and recruit deserving members;
- Join patriotic gatherings and help teach love of freedom and democracy to the youth and fellowmen;
- Live a life of honesty, decency and modesty consistent with Rizal’s ideals;
- Gainfully work for the welfare of others;
- Wear the KR uniform and medals on all appropriate occasions;
- Devote at least once a year a day to visit the sick and give to the poor and indigent;
- Help organize youth Rizalists for KAPARIZ, and Ladies for Rizal, Kababaihang Rizalistas or Damas de Rizal for women, PATHRI and KAGUNARI for teachers, MACLARIZ for senior citizens.
- Become part of the Philippines’ sole order of knighthood, thereby receiving an official award of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Knights are entitled to the prefix of “Sir”, and to add their respective postnominal, depending on their rank;
- Wear the decorations of the Order during formal and ceremonial events;
- Play a key role in some of the most important official commemorative events i.e. Philippine Independence Day celebrations, Rizal Day etc.;
- Become part of the network which includes some of the important community leaders in the area.